Sunday, May 29, 2011

Czech Republic, the horror, of what I though was the end of my trip

Catching the train from Krakow to Prague, this was a night train, 9 hours, was direct, so no changing of trains etc, my hosts said I should catch a train to the border, and walk across, "Cheaper" and you only need to walk 200 metres across a bridge to Czech.

Ok, that maybe simple to someone that has some idea of how to speak the language, but I had a hard enough time just buying my tickets!! took, 4 attempts to find the correct ticket place, (needed to be an international ticket) great huh!... and it was expensive, well I thought it was 150nzd for a second class sleeper train..

Anyway, 10:00pm leaving Krakow -> 7:30am Arrive in Prague Czech, I said goodbye to my amazing hosts, (she even made me sandwich's to take with me) polish people are amazing, thankyou again so much.

Working out what train I had to be on.... I asked a guy what carriage, he pointed, seemed simple enough, and it was.... I was fully loaded up backpack+belly pack (containing my laptop/camera)... walking towards the carriage, then... I hit a loose paver, & tripped up, I went down HARD...I though this is it, my leg is broken maybe my arm.... let alone how my laptop/camera were.... 3 people came rushing over to help "all speacking english ROFL "are you alright", I unclipping the pack, and they helped me back up. 

OMG my leg was so sore, I seriously though my kneecap was smashed I wobbled around, sat down, in a dazed confused state, thinking what do I do next?. I had to get on that train...

I hobbled onto the train, with my backpack, patched myself up (few cuts) & feel asleep, knee was just bruised, even now 5-6 days later I can still feel it.

In Czech, Prague, you may think I would go to visit this amazing city... but no... I went to annoy one of my friends in Litomerice, Czech Republic, a small town 60km north, Petr, had only just got back to  Czech a week before hand...

first look at Litomerice, town square, yes czech is different again to other towns/citys in Europe.

Big brother is watching you, cameras are everywhere here, even tho it is a little town, (there are access to cameras from the internet) showing  footage for the last 4 years! 
another view, Petr took me for a walk around..

Fields of RAPE, rape seed that is, it is everywhere in poland/czech, used in canola oil production

Germans were at it again, this was an old medievil fort, that got converted into a "Work camp in WW2"

View from a hill
Walked around, and a lovely lady,asked us in, offered a beer & some traditional Czech cakes, I was like what is your angle! what are you trying to sell me, shop was selling traditional dress's/clothes for the areas around Czech, sounds like in the past they had huge farms...

Her Daughter! soo Cute!

Yet another town, Czech is so nice, it was a pleasure to get into the green again

more houses again
and again :)

Fort in the middle of a forest we walked to, around 3-4km walk I guess

short cut into the fort! yep I could just squeeze in

another amazing palace

View from the top of a hill (again)

Petrs Familly,  we went to there house to have dinner twice!, Petr's dad was a legend, kept filling me with beer and food, thank you again so much for your hospitality




1 comment:

  1. first other town was Ustek and the other with small Chateau is Ploskovice.

    Petr

    ReplyDelete