Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Warsaw, Poland First night

I finally escaped berlin, and it's crappy weather, ok, it wasen't all that bad, but hot/cold/wet

I had to make my way to a huge train station, hophinhoff, I had scouted around the day before to work out where I had to go, and what train to catch. It is really strange, Berlin has some amazing new buildings, and ALOT of old run down abandoned buildings.

Anyway, I was catching the Express train to Warsaw, I noticed someone on the platform, with a katmandu backpack on, I was I bet thats a kiwi, anyway the train arrived, I worked out where I was going, (reserved my seats etc), and guess who was in my carriage, yep, I asked if they were from NZ, they said, yes, they had noticed my warriors jersey on the platform too!.  The bad news was, they were in the wrong carriage, and had to move on... duh!

Anyway, the train journey over to Warsaw wasen't too bad, I did get a quick look of the HUGE Jesus statue, in a little town called Swiebodzin, but failed to take a photo, it is ment to be looking over tesco or something.

One thing I have noticed, it is so FLAT,  fields of yellow flowers (rapeseed) the stuff they make canola oil out of. sorry again no photos... duh!

Berlin Railway station

Railway station

Strange monument railway lines heading towards a carriage filled of Cross's

Huge building given by the Russians, to the polish people, this has some strange generaters in it, that failed in the 80's they asked the Russian's for some parts, the Russians checked, and said, it wasen't theres, turns out the generator's were from some old Nazi submarine engines 
Russian Build control centre for controlling the first escalator, is pretty cool

One of the city streets

Dinner for 2 for 6-7 Euros,  $12nzd, mine is the vegie one



Down one of the streets in Warsaw

No comments:

Post a Comment