Wednesday, June 1, 2011

London's Calling, Rubber Glove or No Glove

Ok, I booked my ticket to London from Nantes, I checked some connecting flights to Budapest, and they are like 50 euro! Sweet!, Everyone in england should speak english, it should be soo easy... and not a problem...

WRONG...

Entered customs border security, filled out the form, where are you staying in london, I put "unknown", I was going to get a UK sim and txt my friend when I got to victoria station... I couldn't see what the big deal was, I could book into a hotel...

3 hours they kept me, they wanted to see my money, I was lucky I took out 1500euro the day before, (learning my leason from Poland/Czech).... damn travelex card charges 14% for the money coming out of a non Euro cash machine....

Thinking this should be enough for 5-7 days in london, and a few weeks in Eastern Europe....

I was not phased by this, I was like give me the bloody internet, and I will book the next flight out of here.. fork the UK... bunch of prix.. I think they were scared I wanted to work in the UK, was like WTF would I want to live here for?, I'm from NZ, why would I want to live anywhere else?

Anyway I made it, my friend Syliva was was waiting for me at the end of some bus stop!!

It was soo good to see a friendly face, I honestly was over the UK after customs, may have been a little cranky... but still. we went off to a Hindu temple complex, not to far from where she lives.... it is the largest outside of india (I think) it's carved from italian marble, that was shipped to india, carved there, then shipped to the UK, and put together... it was funded totally from donations from the local community. (No photos were allowed inside.) it was simply breath taking...

Temple

outside

another outside

My Friend Syliva & me yes its COLD here!! can't wait to get back to Europe!!


Anyway thats it for the moment, gotta explore london a bit more, and catch up with some other friends here!!

Atleast I didn't get the RUBBER glove

No comments:

Post a Comment