Saturday, June 18, 2011

Prague day one... Running on Empty


I arrived in Prague, 2 hours EARLY... 5am local time, I was ment to be there at 7am... was like ugh, my friend from Czech wouldn't be happy with a txt at 5am!! so I hung around, found some free wifi in the bus terminal,  and entertained myself for an hour or so... at that stage I had been awake for 23-24 hours... Europe has done some crazy things to my sleep patterns, I wake up with the light here... which seems to be like 4am!! anyway... back to Prague...

National Tree/Flower of Czech, has an amazing scent, you can make tea from it also 

Random Square

More from Prague

Beer Bar/showing some old methods of brewing... etc

WTF!!! yes... the guy showed me all the players inside... yes he knew all there names...

had to laugh, I guess I shouldn't...

Church

Image from down the street

damn! almost like Krakow!

this was from some clock, these guys move, and ring the bell every hour

One of the guards, ok hidden a bit, didn't ask you for money like the ones in Rome

Another image from the lunar clock

Fast food... different again....

One of the many old gates into the city... am guessing the buildings along side... there used to be the city wall, would have been impressive in the day
Stephan & Peter, my 2 Czech friends..

omg, warriors!

Charles Bridge

Outside one of the old royal palaces
yet another from the main square, Prague, is one of the amazing citys of Europe, up there with Paris and London..

Centre Square 

View from the street

Another tower view

Almost direct out of time... shame I am still Vegie..

another amazing building





Tower Gate again

Another of the Gate


Anyway that is enough for day one... I was awake for 44 hours... got myself 6 hours sleep last night, have booked my tickets by bus to Munich on Sunday to visit some previous guests again!! am looking forward to it.... only 10 days before I fly home.... I need to make the big choice... do I travel to Istanbul or Sweden.... or down to Austria before heading back to Rome and home....

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you're still veggie indeed, the roasted pork was delicious, I tried it in Feb! ;-)

    ReplyDelete