Sunday, April 3, 2011

16 hours in KL, first real blog post, wish me luck!

KL, omg the airport is HUGE, I arrived, only to hear my name come over the intercom system, "christopher burton" please come to the information counter, hell, I had only just got off the plane, and I was already in TROUBLE!

turned out, there was another "christopter burton" that had got lost and his wife was trying to find him! phew!

KL, visiting the city, ok... typical me, I had a quest, find the KL towers, how hard could that be? look for the big buildings? WRONG, damn, everything is big, Anyway... I started to walk...

First friend I got to meet along the way he was HUGE atleast 20cms long

Anyway, back to my quest... the towers... after walking, for around 4 hours, meeting the locals, I noticed, they wouldn't even look at you, not make eye contact.... anyway.. I finally was getting close to the towers... navigating though the city... getting the general direction, I must have been within 2 km of the towers, and turned back... only to run into a guy outside one of the hotels... I got talking to him.. he offers a tour! 40myr per hour, on his taxi $20nz/10 euro and hour min 2 hours... I was thinking... him... ok.. deal..

Picture of me at the caves, the statue is HUGE, wykie would be happy.. I ran up all those stairs... only to have the bump on my leg start to bleed, (see the next picture...) blood offering to the gods maybe?

Yes, my socks/shoes were covered with blood.. kinda freaked out all the tourists at the top, that all tried to help....

Finally... the towers... mission complete...

total time, 4 hours walking to the towers, and a 4 hour tour... that covered most of KL, a lot of pictures and stuff not in this post.... still getting used to the blogging stuff...

other points of interest... my guide... used the word.... "jig jig?"  and at the end of the tour, said, you want to go for boom boom now? 150-300 myr I was like aaaahhh, no... but then he said... you can have a shower.... hmmm,  soo soo temping... as I really needed one... but no...

Well that all for KL... see you in 3 months!!

1 comment: