Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Vatican, unreal, nothing could prepare me for this...

bronze ball in the centre.. note, you were not allowed to take photos in some locations

this is painted to look 3d

ok, this little room, made my skin tingle, for 3 to 4 mins something was inside.. you were not allowed to take any photos inside.. but I must have spent 20 mins in there taking in the silence
more pics
the workmanship and skill to great this was unreal... I don't know if we could create something the same today..
outside the vatican

Walking back to the terminali, is where I discovered the shoe shop!

Lastly, another epic shot of me... preparing for combat... only to be asked for 10 euro for the shot... @#$# I gave him 5... still think that was too much... still no better for next time!

Well off to explore some more of Roma...

2 comments:

  1. I just love the last picture... you look so... tourist! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) was kinda ticked off he wanted soo much money for the photos... should have had him down on his knees with the sword to his throat for 10 Euros... off to Cologne tomorrow, mel, why are you not there? :-( it's not going to be the same....

    ReplyDelete