Saturday, April 30, 2011

Last few days in Portugal

Sorry about the delay in posts, Its been all action/no internet eeep!

Anyway last few days with Rui & Family/Friends, Easter sunday, we went to Rui's Parents home, for Lunch, I didn't know what to expect, I was welcomed as if I was just one of the family, it was amazing, the first real time I have felt homesick... It was just like being at home with mum and dad...

Anyway... the Lunch (sorry no photos)

Roast Pork Roasted Vegies Roasted Chestnuts (unique, is traditional), cooked bananas (for me)
salads, and other vegie delights, yes they knew I was vegie, and prepared vegie food for me... damn I felt really bad...few glass's of red wine, out came the port, (when in porto :) )

After lunch, the deserts came out, a little different to NZ style, no cream?, chocolate moose, cakes etc etc.

we retired... to watch some sport on TV, Soccer, and a new sport, "handball", I was like wtf?, cross between    soccer and netball I guess, It's pretty full on.... I'm surprised people don't get ready hurt. I have noticed something else, with Portuguese TV sends me to sleep, I had to do my best to keep from nodding off!!

Next day, Viana do Castelo, around and hours drive north of Porto, to visit another city
Chris, Rui, Marina & Rui (yes it seemed every guy in portugal was named Rui)

NZ and Portugal, both remember the 25th April, ANZAC day for us, Carnation Revolution for Portugal

Looking back down on the city, it was known for ship building (all kinds)

Me standing in a street

Another one of me
Crystal clear waterfall... there was a girl that stripped off for a swim before us...

I guess I must have scared her off!! water was a little on the cool side, but was a nice 26 degrees outside, so was nice.

Really sucks to be vegie in portugal, I got bread and butter!! duh!

Old roman bridge, across the river,  it was crystal clear you could see the fish it was amazing...

looky at what I found?
Porto at night, it's just magic
Last dinner with my amazing friends! Thankyou soo much Rui, for making Portugal so amazing!







No comments:

Post a Comment