Saturday, April 16, 2011

Goodbye Barcelona, Hello Lisbon/Portugal

Ok, I wasen't really sure what to expect, I honestly wasen't happy in Barcelona, it did pick up towards the end.... Final night I went on a ghost tour, was pretty cool, learn't about what happened in Barcelona, I didn't realise that St George and the slaying of the dragon, was based in Barcelona, found small parts in the city still showing what happened soo long ago... Anyway... It was a good evening... nothing spooky.. and only had 5 hookers, offer me there wears on the way back to the hostel... geeesh do I look that needy... if your keen, google the "barcelona vampire"

Photos were taken with my Cellphone, so I can't upload them here...

anyway, 4:30am I woke up, tried by best to make little or no noise for my room mates I probably failed... had a taxi booked for 5:40... he turned up at 5:30, got stung with 38 Euro Taxi fare to the airport, (cost me 25 euro to get in to start with)

Anyway, 5:00am I check my emails, to find my Couchsurfing host in lisbon, that was going to pick me up from the airport, and take me around the city etc etc... canceled on me.... geeesh thanks.... lucky I checked otherwise I would be been froked... Anyway have checked into an amazing hostel, feels like home, big old house, most of the people are mid to late 20's... so not many young punks...

Having issues again uploading images, All I can say, is Lisbon, takes your breath away, unlike any of the other citys I have visited so far, People are happy, you feel totally safe,(maybe different at night) weather is fantastic, well maybe a little too fantastic, everywhere it looks like a picture postcard.... amazing streets, very steep, with amazing cobble work, trams are running, buildings are old, and semi decayed, yet, not touristy...
Looks like a postcard?

Knight, gave 'em a Euro, Still semi Rich at the moment, even with the insane airfares I have been paying, still have overkill for the rest of my trip..

One of the main squares, Ok, it isn't Barcelona, but I love this place... I can't wait to explore more of Portugal


Tram lines going down the street, I really want to give this a good sprint up... but I am pretty sure my knee wouldn't like it... did a quick walk up... was good...


 

Looking up the hill, this is the bit I kinda quickly walked up :) wasen't even puffing at the top!! Thanks to all the Boxercise, and Training with Wykie!! Thanks again! :) 

Anyway, I have another 1-2 days in Lisbon, before I make it upto Sintra, spend a day there, then go off to Aveiro (which is ment to be different city like Venice). Then head towards Porto.

No comments:

Post a Comment