Friday, April 22, 2011

Porto Day 2, Outside the old city

Dropped off in porto, gray day, rain, sun, rain..think it's ment to be like this for the next few days, Anyway here are a few photos


sign going onto the motorway... No cows? or carts?

there be america!!

I kind of recognised these trees, they looked like Pōhutukawa but I wasen't sure, as they were not in flower, they were everywhere hundreds of them, in parks and on the beaches, no really old ones like at home..
looking down the coast
walk way down the coast, I did an insane amount of walking today, I should get one of those walking measuring devices, Rui was even surpised how far I walked

10 Year Old Port, was very good, 3euro,  a glass, brought the bottle

fort on the coast

Police, on horses, even armed, It is noticable, you don't see the police much here, I've seen one outside a Jewellery store, one on the street of some upmarket neigbourhood, but crime dosen't seem visable here, atleast I couln't see it. Portugal feels very safe.

aaaaah, looky at what I found!!! 

Me trying to be vegie, had to get a custom made sandwich

waves crashing over, was still low tide, hate to think what it's like at high tide

Alot of people beg in the streets, there are a few that preform, this one had a little doggie 

No comments:

Post a Comment