Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lost again, in Roma!

Yet, another fantastic day to get lost, however this time, I had a bigger map... problem was, it was poor quality... couldn't read the street signs... duh!

I came across a peep hole, people were queue up to look?
The little peep hole
ok, this is very close to what was in the hole, looked direct at the Vatican.. was pretty cool



Anyway... I walked, as I always tend to do, this time, I headed south,

Found some kinda fort

haven;t seen one of these since Egypt 

 War graves
ok, this bit kinda scared me, though the art was petty cool, but when I went in, there appeared to be remains of laptops, bags, and other items, i.e. where people had been robbed..

This was the first time, I did not feel safe in Roma, there were fires on the street, people living in tents, on round abouts... I found the nearest metro station, and headed back to the centre... enough walking around roma for now, I didn't want to press my luck

Ok, I booked a tour bus, thinking, hey there will be lots of spots I've missed while on foot...

WRONG... pretty sure I covered atleast 90% of it by walking around lost!... still It got some great photos from the bus.

Well thats it for now, next stop, Cologne... gotta hike to the train station with my backpack... wish I had never packed soo many clothes now,

No comments:

Post a Comment