Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rome, how to get lost... the taste of Bacon!

Ok, the second day, time to get lost in rome, first of all, I had to get to the railway station.. no big deal, I checked the maps, before arriving at my hosts... and had driven back with them....

WRONG... I missed a turn... and walked 2-3km before realising I had gone the wrong way...

anyway, after correcting this mistake, I made my way back.... then back up to the railway station, to find, there were no machines to issue the tickets like in Roma, wtf... I asked in my best italian, for where I could get the chu chu tickets... rofl, it worked...  brought the tickets... to find I missed by train by 30 seconds... (had to wait another hour)....the said part is... they never check the tickets....

Anyway, Made it to Roma Finally! time to get lost, (goal was to find the Vatican....) I knew it was on the otherside of the river..... I had my trusty lonely planet map with me... so I walked...

some markets I walked into..
some interesting bits I found along the way...
my goal, soo soo far away, the views from up here were amazing..

I've had my first leason on how to cook italian pasta, I can't remember the name, but it tasted amazing, yes.. I had bacon, I will go to the Vatican tomorrow, and confess my sins...

No comments:

Post a Comment