Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bordeaux, France




what can I say, I flew from Porto with Ryanair, treated to true cattle class, "interesting", very very low budget, still that is just the flights, I had arranged to couchsurf in bordeaux,  first night with Andi, and the next two with Marina, both using the last minute couch request, (I had sent off 12-14 requests earlier, only to get 2 declines I was like damn) a little different to home, where I send off details where I live, maps and how best to get to my place, no, I get there mobile numbers, I sent a txt off with no reply.... eeeep, this was to andi, anyway, I've learn't after Lisbon, always have a backup... Formule 1 Hotels (as cheap as a hostel, and you get your own room) Anyway I stayed there the first night, only to get a message from Andi, saying, I didn't get your txt, you can still come over, (by that time I had passed out and was fast asleep)



Me & 20+kgs of backpack in 26+ degrees heat

Street music french style, it was amazing, I spend about 10-15 mins watching.. thinking Damn

One of the many Arches in Bordeaux

Yes, I was almost shattered at this point, but I must continue walking, amazing fountain behind me

Looks very much like someone got the ideas from Sagrada Família & Gaudi's work


Another Amazing fountain
Second hand stores

Not sure what this was, but looks amazing

In a park, damn french, have seen them in there basically getting it on! was like damn!

Little bit better picture of the Fountain

Feel the pain of lugging around that backpack, for only a few hours... this is nothing! the next day I have a 8:30pm pickup! and I checked out of my hotel at 10am! aaaarrrggghhh

No comments:

Post a Comment